Joe Whitaker of The Thoughtful Home by JWhitaker Designs currently sits on the CEDIA Board Of Directors.
The Thoughtful Home abides by CEDIA’s Code of Ethics and the standards and teachings set down by this leading trade organization.
CEDIA is an international trade association of companies that specialize in designing and installing electronic systems for the home. As the home technology industry’s leading resource for education, networking, business and technical resources, and more, CEDIA is focused on providing industry professionals with the tools they need to run competitive and profitable businesses.
Are you a Home Technology Professional Company? JOIN CEDIA NOW!
Entertainment, convenience, security, and comfort.
Today’s home technology systems provide entertainment, convenience, security, and comfort, custom-designed to suit homeowners’ lifestyles. You want to ensure you are working with a professionally trained, knowledgeable company.
CEDIA members affirm their commitment to being insured and having all necessary licenses, and they subscribe to a strict code of professional conduct and ethics, giving you peace of mind. You’ve probably heard them called custom home theater installers, but CEDIA members provide much more than home theater services. CEDIA member home technology professional companies tend to participate in continuing education and stay on top of the latest technological innovations in all areas of home security, networking, entertainment, automation, health, energy management and future technologies.
CEDIA members agree to adhere to a strict code of ethics.
This code of ethics is designed to ensure quality of service, responsiveness, responsible business practices, proper legal and ethical conduct, and overall excellence.
Each member of CEDIA shall agree to adhere to the following:
- Provide to all persons truthful and accurate information with respect to the professional performance of duties.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the custom electronic and design industry.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession.
- Recognize and discharge by responsibility, to uphold all laws and regulations relating to CEDIA policies and activities.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the industry.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices and attempt to eliminate from CEDIA all practices which bring discredit to the profession.
- Use written contracts clearly stating all charges, services, products and other essential information.To the extent that the customer does not own the software codes for all programming implemented by the member, contracts should address the parties’ rights and responsibilities as to such codes.
- Demonstrate respect for every professional within the industry by clearly stating and consistently performing at or above the standards acceptable to the industry.
- Make a commitment to increase professional growth and knowledge by attending educational programs recommended, but not limited to, those prescribed by CEDIA.
- Contribute knowledge to professional meetings and journals to raise the consciousness of the industry.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and any other responsibilities.
- When providing services or products, maintain in full force adequate or appropriate insurance.
- Cooperate with professional colleagues, suppliers and employees to provide the highest quality service.
- Extend these same professional commitments to all those persons supervised or employed.
- Subscribe to CEDIA’s Principles of Conduct and Ethics and abide by the CEDIA Bylaws.
Learn More about CEDIA at http://www.cedia.org/